Sunday, November 14, 2010

School!

Yes, school. I suppose that I am in school taking classes to go to school and teach kids something so that they can hopefully go to the next level of school. Oh and I teach in a school as well right now, but you already knew that. Wow this week has been super busy for me. Lot of school related stuff. I remember when I first applied for this program I was under the impression that I would be a teachers assistant. Why wouldn't I think that? The application of course said that I would be working under a teacher and helping them. WRONG! I teach 9 classes a week and 7 of them I am the only teacher in the classroom. The other 2 I am an assistant and will only be for the first 3rd of the year. The next 2/3's I will be the teacher. I am not complaining, just merely speculating at the difference between the word and the action. I actually prefer teaching the classes on my own, working under another teacher gives me no flexibility or originality! The professor that I assist in named Lourdes. She is extremely nice and has been a huge help during my move here. We have an English Department meeting tomorrow so I will for sure see her there. Who is in the English Department? Lourdes, Amparro and I. Haha so it's not too large, but it feels cool saying that I have to go to the department meeting.

Friday night I went with my friends from the Txoco bar hopping. Being only 20 years old and from the United States I have never been able to drink(legally) and especially not go to the bar. Well my friends showed me what bar hopping meant. They are ridiculous with it here! I don't know what it is like in the United States but here they move as a herd. There were about 60 people at the first bar, then after an hour we decided to move to the next bar. about 30 of us started walking to the next bar. 30! It was ridiculous. At the last bar there was a dance floor and it was a blast. The floor was wet from everyones shoes because it rains a TON here. But it made for a great dance floor and I attempted the moon walk, without much success. Saturday night we decided to take it easy and play a trivia game. I am getting better in my spanish speaking skills but I was useless during this game! I had NO idea what they were asking each other. I ended up contributing to my team by reading the question to the other team. If I leave here tomorrow(which I won't) I could leave knowing that I have successfully taught the culture of Spain one thing; the word awesome. Isn't that awesome? They love saying it and also throw in the occasional "cool". Be proud Mom and Dad, be very proud.

Today I have been working on my homework. I was doing an extra credit assignment for my nutrition class over olive oil. I had to research how it is made, what the difference between Virgin and Extra Virgin olive oil, as well as terms like "first cold pressed", "light" , and some other ones that I can't remember. But in the middle of my assignment Jaime came to my door inviting me to eat lunch with everyone. We had a variety of food but one of the dishes was a regular salad with diced tomatoes, sliced red peppers and EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL! Okay now that I think about it I am pretty sure it was just Virgin Olive Oil. But still, crazy coincidence right? Jaime and I watched a french film today as well, it was REALLY good. I need to take it easy on the capital letters, sorry. This is the second french film we have watched but in each there has been the same beautiful french actress. I have no idea what her name is but she is a great actress. I also studied a bit of piano today but I have a feeling that after 2 weeks I should have learned the bass clef pretty well by now. Oh well, hopefully I study more tomorrow. For now, I am going to go to bed. Will post again soon. Goodnight everyone in the United States, I love you and hug each other for me!

That's my dog Winston. Isn't he awesome? Cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment